If the beneficiary is a child of a veteran, the following requirements are needed:
- Proof of service of veteran (Military Service record duly issued by the Office of the Adjutant General or Certification issued by PVAO or the Military Service Board (MSB), if veteran is a "Deserving Guerilla"
- Marriage Contract of the veteran
- Birth Certificate of the beneficiary
- 2" X 2" picture of applicant and beneficiary
- School credential of beneficiary
- Death Certificate of veteran (if veteran is deceased).
- Death certificate of the spouse of the veteran (if both the veteran and his spouse are deceased).
- Waiver of rights of the other children of the veteran.
- Birth Certificate of the child of the veteran (parent of the beneficiary).
- Marriage Contract of the parents of the beneficiary.
Requirements under "item No. 1" is not needed if veteran is already receiving old age pension.
Requirements under "items Nos. 1 and 2" are not needed if the spouse of a deceased veteran is already receiving old age pension.
Requirements under "items Nos. 7 and 8" are only needed if both the veteran and his spouse are deceased.
If the beneficiary is a grandchild of the veteran, the requirements are the same including the following:
Basic Course or Degree
A basic degree/course is understood to be post-secondary course or a tertiary or collegiate course consisting of four (4) or five (5) years schooling as authorized by the CHED. Provided, however, that those who have started to enjoy the educational benefit for a course or degree to be completed in more than five (5) years shall be allowed to continue and finish the selected course or degree.